Sunday, December 20, 2009

Please Pardon the Interruption!

Submitted by Linda
Please pardon the interruption from Christmas....but we have to stop 'hauling out the holly' to celebrate the engagement of our friends Janelle and Allen!!!! Janelle has been our church's youth pastor, and has taken my boys on numerous outings and camps - how could we not love her? And now Allen loves her too! Tonight we were blessed to be invited to their "we just got engaged" celebration, which Janelle knew nothing about.
I was asked to bring a dessert, so I decided to make the always popular chocolate cupcakes. (I was trying to avoid anything that seemed too"Christmasy"- and I love how cupcakes always speak "celebration"!) Anyway, I wanted to upgrade my cupcakes a bit, so I went looking at my rubber stamps.

Remember, I am NOT a Stampin' UP consultant, but I am a huge fan of their products. One thing I like is that their stamps come in sets. Often, I'll buy a set because I like a certain stamp, but will end up being so glad that I have another needed stamp on hand. Case in point, this striped stamp from "Cute and Curly". I used my Stamp-a-majig to align the Mr. & Mrs., which came out of another stamp set.
Then I used my Curly Label punch to punch out the image. I used tiny glue dots to attach a toothpick, and in the picture below, I'm trying it out on a naked cupcake. Looks good to me!
Here are the frosted cupcakes all dressed up and ready to go to the party!
Congrats Janelle and Allen!

1 comment:

kate wallace said...

your cupcakes were sooo cute!