Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Thanksgiving Day Mix

Submitted by Michelle

Linda is always thinking of ideas for treat bags at the holidays for her son's teachers and her colleagues at work. I often want to jump on the treat bag band wagon but don't always find the time, though when I am with Linda I always seem to get holiday bags made and ready to give to others. Enter my friend Carrie who has become my stamping inspiration in the desert. She regularly emails me ideas for cards and crafts and brings lots of energy and enthusiasm for project making to our friendship.

Last week Carrie's Stampin' Up Demonstrator in Michigan sent her an idea for a Thanksgiving Day treat mix that I loved! In typical Michelle and Linda style, Carrie and I could not make just a few bags...we decided 30 would be a good amount. Carrie graciously did all running around to stores to buy the contents for the treat bags and I handled the cellophane bags and stamping materials.
We had a great time last night stamping and snacking on Thanksgiving Day mix. (I had forgotten how good Bugles taste!) Now I have a small gift for those in my life who are blessings to me and a new memory of time spent with a fun friend.
The tag on the mix reads:
Thanksgiving Day Mix
The Bugles are a symbol of the Cornucopia, a horn of plenty.
The Pretzels represent arms folded in thanks and prayer.
The Candy Corn reminds us that during the first winter, the pilgrims were allowed only five kernels of corn per day because food was scarce.
The Fruit (or candy orange slices in this case) is a reminder that Thanksgiving is a celebration of the harvest.
The Peanuts represent seeds, the potential of the bounteous harvest for the next season if they are planted and well-tended.
Happy Thanksgiving!


Supplies:
Whisper White cardstock
Soft Suede cardstock and ink
Dusty Durango Ink
Falling Leaves Stamp set
True Thyme Ribbon (retired...a long time ago....and I'm really glad to be using it up!)

1 comment:

Lucy said...

SO DANG CUTE! I love 'em. Thanks for sharing!!!