Thursday, November 12, 2009

Pomegranate Time!

Submitted by Linda
Well, again I apologize for my hiatus from blogging. Though my dad would say, "We all have the same 24 hours", I will admit I've been extremely busy. Life in my kindergarten world is a bit different due to budget and personnel cuts, so I'm working hard to keep my plates spinning.

One thing I so enjoy about the fall is that pomegranates are in season. During this time of year, I'm calling on my friends who have trees, or looking for them at the farmer's market. These gorgeous pomegranates pictured above are from....Costco! Can you believe it? They are deep red (ready to eat) and huge. Look how big this one is, compared to large apple!
They have been delicious! I remove the seeds and have them ready to go in my fridge for a snack or part of my lunch. When shopping for pomegranates, you want them to be deep red. And don't worry about the imperfections - the good stuff is on the inside! If you didn't see this post from last year, click here to see the secret to removing the seeds without making a giant mess!

No comments: