Sunday, November 15, 2009

Making Merry (in November)!

Submitted by Michelle

Over the Veteran's Day holiday Linda and I officially opened up the La Quinta branch of Santa's Workshop and made 210 Christmas cards. Yes, that's right, 210 cards in a period of less than 24 hours.
I have to admit we got a head start earlier in the month by stamping, punching and glittering the "make merry" tags. Linda die cut the vellum paper ahead of time and with the help of Tommy, Nicky and Craig, we had all 210 snowflakes pre-punched too. I was able to cut and score all the cardstock before Linda drove to the desert in Lil' Red.
Even with most of the tasks done in advance, it still took us a long while to put the cards together. The end result is amazing, if I do say so myself, and I think all 210 people who receive one this season from me or Linda will agree.

All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted:
Melon Mambo Cardstock & Ink
Merry Moments Designer Paper
Certainly Celery Cardstock
Jumbo Snowflake Punch
Tag Punch
Scallop Circle #2
Grateful Greetings Stamp Set
Snowflake Jumbo Wheel (retired)
Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder
Mistletoe Ribbon
Vellum Cardstock (non-Stampin' Up)
Rhinestones (non-Stampin' Up)



No comments: