Sunday, November 29, 2009

Crafty Valarie

Submitted by Michelle
Valarie, a.k.a. Val-Pal, came for an overnight visit this weekend and we had a stamping frenzy. Valarie worked on her Christmas cards for which she had at least 5 designs. I worked on miscellaneous projects that were crowding up my craft room and gave my opinion on Valarie's designs when she needed me to do so.

Valarie loves snowmen and though her actual Christmas card does not have a snowman on it, she couldn't resist pulling out her Snowbuddies stamp set and making a few cards with it. Her inspiration came from the Stampin' Up! Holiday Mini Catalog (page 5) but she changed the colors and added her own flair.
I often get stuck in my own rut of card design and I love seeing what other stampers come up with, particularly Valarie. And I love that the Stampin' Up! catalog and mini catalogs can be sources of inspiration and not just a book to order from.

I hope you all had a peaceful Thanksgiving and that you are enjoying the Holiday Season now that it is officially in full swing. And here's to handmade gifts and the people who take the time to create them.

All Supplies from Stampin' Up!
Stamps:
Snowbuddies Stamp Set (Hostess Level 2, Holiday Mini)

Cardstock & Ink/Markers:
Old Olive, Kraft, Real Red, Chocolate Chip, Summer Sun

Ribbon & Accessories
Mistletoe Ribbon Originals (Holiday Mini)
Circle Punches - 1 1/4" and 1"

No comments: