Sunday, October 18, 2009

Happy Fall Y'all -- From La Quinta

Submitted by Michelle

For several years I have admired Linda's grapevine and twinkle lights around her front door, so much so that I HAD to have my own this year. One problem: I'm not as crafty or as patient as her when it comes to home decor. Thankfully, I have a friend in La Quinta who can fill in that gap for me. Her name is Monica and her son, Noah, was in my kinder class last year. Monica has amazing taste and style but likes to do things on a shoe-string budget, which suits me just fine. I enlisted her help to decorate my house for fall and this is what she came up with.

The front walkway is fantastic, especially at dusk when the twinkle lights turn on. (David has them on a timer!) I tried very hard to get a photo but was unable to capture it so you'll just have to imagine soft, white lights peeking out from the grapevine and leaves.
In my front entryway Monica add her touch to make the mirror and table look festive for fall.
She also convinced me that I needed a mirror over my fireplace. We found a beautiful one at Kirkland Home for only $18.00!! I wanted grapevine and twinkle lights on the mantle so Monica made that dream come true for me and David put at timer on the lights so they come on automatically each evening at 5:00 PM. Notice how the silk flower arrangement on the mantle matches the arrangement on the table in the foyer. Monica made them both.
David and I have an armoire in our living room that houses our TV and other audio equipment. On top, Monica added a wire pumpkin and a candle (also from Kirkland home), the photo David and I had taken when we got engaged 12 years go, and an urn with some balls and pumpkins that Monica glittered by hand.
I think it all looks great and I love having the house feel so cozy and festive. Monica has promised to transform my decorations for Christmas once the Autumn season comes to an end. I can't wait to see what she has in store for my home.

No comments: