Monday, October 5, 2009

A Few Cards

Submitted by Michelle

It has been incredibly hard to balance my life this fall. For some reason I have been overwhelmed with school and though I have been stamping, I haven't had time to write about it. Today marks the end of that! I am running late for work but am determined to show you a few of my latest cards. My Claremont club have made the first two and will be making the last one at their next meeting.

Though I am not much of a Halloween celebrator, I've been a bit consumed with cutesy Halloween cards this year. I love the smiling jack-o-lantern faces and who can resist black gingham ribbon?
The photo of this card doesn't do it justice. The window on the front is made with the Movers and Shapers die for the Big Shot and the Harlequin pattern on the card is embossed using a Texturz plate, also for the Big Shot. This card was super easy to make and has an elegant quality to it. Here's another photo of it laying down. Maybe you can see the embossing better??
I found the inspiration for this card on the Stampin' Up! website and love my first use of the Medallion stamp. It is gorgeous and I know many more cards will be made with it. I also like the combo of Stampin' Up's! in colors: rich razzleberry and crushed curry.

That's it for now but I will try to post some fall decor photos later this week. My house is looking very festive and I've got lots to share!

No comments: