Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Cute, Cheap & Healthy Halloween Treat


Submitted by Michelle

Linda and I were crafting fools over the weekend. It seems like any time we are together we get much accomplished. We were both on a mission to finish our Halloween projects and we even had time to squeeze in a little Christmas, too!

One thing Linda and I love to do when we are together is peruse the aisles of Michael's craft store and the Dollar Spot at Target. Though we didn't make it to Miguel's (as I like to call it) we did stop in to Target at 9:30 PM on Friday night. I was delighted to find packs of Halloween pencils! 6 pencils for a dollar is a bargain in my book, so I snatched up a few packs and we headed back to Linda's house to make cute holders for them.

With the assistance of Lord Google I quickly found a template for a pencil holder online and I was ready to go. I used up more of my 2 year old Halloween designer paper - yay! - and now I have a cute and healthy treat for my nieces, nephew and other little friends.
DIRECTIONS:
*Start with a piece of DSP cut at 8 1/2" X 3 1/2".
*Score LONG side at 1/2 "and 2 1/2".
*Turn and score one SHORT side at 2".
*Cut off the little scored rectangle and cut to where the score-line intersection is to make the flap.

I used Sticky Strip to adhere the holder together and I also crimped the bottom for a nice, finished off touch.

No comments: