Friday, September 4, 2009

Bitz of glitz

Submitted by Linda
This is a photo of my brand new school shirt, which is made entirely of rhinestones! The picture doesn't do it justice - it is really beautiful and glitzy!

I like to wear sparkly stuff, and probably will end up being one of those old ladies who wears way too much jewelry. At school, when my girl students comment on something that I'm wearing that they like, I always say, "Well, we need to wear a little sparkle every day!" After awhile, they begin coming into class saying, "Mrs. Wallace, I'm wearing sparkles!"

I'm a big fan of "spirit day" when we wear our school shirts and jeans to school. In fact, some weeks I add a few extra "spirit days" so I can be casual and comfortable. The problem is, sometimes it's hard to wear some sparkle with a screen printed t-shirt. Enter bitzofglitz.org. The owner, Aimee, can customize a shirt for you with any design, logo or phrase. Visit her website to see all the cute options. I was worried about the fit of my t-shirt, so I visited her in Corona to try on the shirt before she pressed the design onto the shirt. I also got this kindergarten rocks shirt! Perfect for a kindergarten teacher!!!

No comments: