Tuesday, September 8, 2009

20 Journals for 20 Ladies

Submitted by Linda
The picture above is a tub full of beautiful handmade journals! Don't the spines look so pretty? My friend Rachel and I were invited to make journals for the 20 ladies in our upcoming Bible study, and we decided this was a great way to use up some of her retired Stampin Up Designer papers. We covered the black and white composition books on front and back, and added a contrasting paper for the spine. We used Stampin Up's Glue Stick which I had not used before. This is not your ordinary glue stick - it's square shape gets in all the corners, and is nice and sticky. The final touch was a pretty ribbon and a scripture from the book of Esther.
Everyone got to pick out their journals last night! It was so fun being the "journal elves".
I have a similarly decorated journal by my phone for messages. I just saw the composition books at Staples for 99 cents, and on clearance at Target for about 35 cents. This is a good time to get a couple to have on hand!

1 comment:

Denise Hughes said...

Wow! The Wednesday night crowd has got it goin' on! Love the journals!