Monday, August 31, 2009

September Garland

Submitted by Linda
For the months of July and August I've had this beautiful garland hanging from my sideboard. Those of you who know me, know that I'm a fan of white twinkly lights all year around. Last summer I saw a banner like this one at Barbara Cheatley's store in Claremont, and made my own version. It's hard to see in the pic, but there are silver splarkly stars hanging from each letter. I was so excited to pull it out for this Independence Day and show my patriotism!

You can click garland on my sideboard to see my Christmas and Easter versions. Last fall, I bought a strand of Autumn berries that were perfect for October and November. But in September, I couldn't quite wrap my mind around Halloween and Thanksgiving, so I decided I needed something fun for "Back to School". My moment of revelation came last Christmas when I was decorating my little kitchen Christmas tree. I have an apple garland that I always use!!!!

I put up the apple garland, with the grapevine and twinkly lights, but it looked a little bare. I decided I needed to venture into "chipboard"-land again. This is my second time using chipboard - you can look at my first try here.

I covered an A, B and C with cute Stampin Up paper with my Xyron sticker machine. (That's one of those tools I don't use very often, but when I do need it, I'm so glad I have it!) I added a sticker, a brad, some ribbon, and punched a hole with my Cropodile.
It's hard to see, but the paper on the B looks like lined notebook paper- cute!
Here it is all put together!
I think it turned out really cute, and I'm feeling a whole lot of school spirit!

No comments: