Friday, August 7, 2009

Salt Lake City - Day 3

Submitted by Michelle

Yes folks, my sole mission was accomplished today: I had my photo taken with Shelli Gardener, the cofounder and CEO of Stampin' Up! I cut out of the morning session a few minutes early to ensure that I would get a spot in line. Every other time I have tried to get a photo with Shelli I've come too late and the line has been closed. Not today! I was second in the line!!!!!! I was impressed that not only did Shelli pose for pictures, she also took time with each demonstrator to talk and get to know them. We talked about my teaching kindergarten and she also gave me props for my ruffled tank top. I told her she could borrow it any time -- not really. It was a great experience having the chance to meet her and I was walking on air for the rest of the day.

I also have some awesome projects to share that I made during one of my classes yesterday. This card and box were made with the Hello Again stamp set and you will have the chance to make both of them in one of my upcoming classes.

Along with the Hello Again stamp set we were also given the Tree Trimmings and Sweet Season stamp sets. Here are a few of the holiday projects I made.

This card opens up horizontally. You could also put a gift card inside or a photo.
Treat boxes are something new in the Stampin' Up! Idea Book and Catalog this year and this is just one of many ways that you can embellish them. The boxes are food safe and coated so if you put cookies or other treats inside they won't make a grease mark on the outside of the box.
I love this simple card. It is amazing what some cute ribbon and a rhinestone brad (on the green ornament) can do to upgrade a card.
No, this isn't supposed to be a pen holder but room service didn't have a candy cane on hand. If you didn't want to put a candy cane inside, you can simply use the card as a tag.
This is what it looks like up close. It would look great tied on a loaf of homemade bread or on a cello bag filled with Christmas cookies.
Tomorrow is my last day. I'm sure I will find something to blog about. After all, the convention theme (Inspire, Create, Share) practically assures it.

1 comment:

Veronica said...

Great Picture! Congrats, I can't wait to make these cards. I hope you had a wonderful time and look forward to spending some quality time stampin with you.