Thursday, August 6, 2009

Salt Lake City - Day 2

Submitted by Michelle

Convention is in full swing and I am having a blast with 3,000 other demonstrators. In such a large group it is helpful to differentiate yourself so that your friends can easily locate you during general sessions and amongst the crowds. Many demonstrators choose fun head wear and I don't mean baseball caps or just a simple tiara (though tiaras do abound.) Here's a collection of creative and interesting head gear that I saw today.

Though it is hard to see, these are highly glittered and embellished pink tiaras that say "Ink-Satiables," their group name.
These creative ladies have yellow visors with bees and daisies that they created using die-cuts with the Big Shot and various punches.
This lady made a monkey hat. Notice the rhinestone brad earrings.
They blend into the background a bit, but Martian baubles can be cute, especially when attached to a tiara.
Feathery plumes are easy to see in a crowd.
I kind of get an Irish vibe from these caps that are decorated with flowers cut from felt on the Big Shot.
This creative lady made a pop-up birthday cake using the Big Shot and Designer Series Paper. She attached it to a headband and was good to go for the day.
And some ladies show allegiance to their country but with lots of sparkle and pizazz.
Thanks to all the ladies who let me photograph them and for inspiring tonight's blog entry.

2 comments:

~ Lucy said...

Well, it looks like you're having a lot of fun with some kooky characters... my favorite kind! Have a wonderful time. I can't wait to hear all about it in person. ~L

Veronica said...

My favorite and my HAT goes to her is the Lady with the B-day cake. I am not sure I would be able to pull that off :-)