Monday, July 27, 2009

Tart & Tangy

Submitted by Michelle
Last summer Stampin' Up! offered a cute designer series paper called Summer Picnic and it co-ordinated with a stamp set called Tart and Tangy. Linda and I fell in love with all of it and we HAD to have it. We went a little crazy in our ordering, especially when Stampin' Up! retired the Summer Picnic paper, and we now have loads of it on hand.

Linda and I have had a mantra for this summer: "out with the old and in with the new" and it has inspired us to try and use up as much old product as we can. This weekend, while Linda has been hanging in LQ with me, she designed Christmas tags (yes, we like to work ahead) and managed to use up a bunch of old Christmas designer papers.

Along with the tags, we decided to design a note card holder for 3X3 cards using the Tart and Tangy stamp set as our theme.
Despite many attempts of measuring and cutting, I figured out the dimensions for the note card holder, and I think I did pretty well (good thing I only have to teach Kindergarten math).
Notice the 'crystal effects' on the apples and cherries: it gives them a fresh glossy look!
Linda designed 4 different 3X3 note cards. Each holder will have 1 of each card and envelopes.
We think this will be a great hostess gift or birthday present for our friends. And since these cards and the holder use very small amounts of designer paper, we have plenty left over to make more!

If anyone is interested in the dimensions and directions for the notecard holder and cards, please make a comment so that I can contact you. By the way, the Tart and Tangy stamp set is still available in the current SU catalog.

3 comments:

Linda and Michelle said...

These are so cute, I have to comment on our own project!!! They are even cuter in real life.

Linda

Veronica said...

They are cute and I love them. When both of you get together you come up with the cutest things. I need to make time and start cleaning the old paper I have and make cute treats like these!

Oh! Can I have the dimensions please??

Amanda said...

I have the stamp set but was having trouble coming up with cute and functional ideas like this!!! Can I please have the dimensions so I can make it too!? They are so cute!!! Thanks. amandajpollock@hotmail.com