Sunday, August 2, 2009

Supplies on Hand VS: Living in Excess

Submitted by Linda
In the process of working on "out with the old", I realized that I am going to be a bit more selective about buying paper packs. Though I am a HUGE fan of having the tools and supplies on hand to do my projects, my new plan is to buy paper for specific projects, not just to have because it's cute. (Don't worry- I have plenty of great paper around. Even with Michelle and I both working on using it up, we seem to have plenty leftover!)

So in an effort to use up some old stuff, I got busy using this designer paper that fits in the "soft subtles" color family. I started looking in several old Stampin' UP catalogs, and I couldn't even find this paper, which means I've had it for 2 years, at least! My objective with the top card was not do do any stamping. So I layered torn paper, and added embellishments. I really like the pearl in the top flower! (The base card color is Mellow Moss).

This next card was made using the "Always" stamp set. I think the bird is really unique- and it's raised up with dimensionals and glittered up as well. This card was made using Pale Plum ink/cardstock, Certainly Celery ink, Basic Brown ink, along with more of the unnamed designer paper.
After working with all the brighter colors recently, using the subtles was a refreshing change of pace.

No comments: