Thursday, July 9, 2009

"Staycation" Destination Day 2: Huntington Library and Gardens

Submitted by Linda
I love this view of the Shakespeare Garden through the agapanthus!
Well, Day 2 of our "Staycation" was the Huntington in San Marino. It is a wonderful place to visit, and one can easily spend all day there. I saw quite a few families with toddlers there, though I think it might be better for older children. (I take my kindergartners there each May to "Discover Art" - and they really enjoy it.) Here is Craig descending into the Japanese garden.
Love the tranquility here. You may recognize this and the Shakespeare garden from a couple of scenes in "The Wedding Planner".
I wanted a picture of these water lilies- and the turtle on the bottom right was a bonus.
Here I am at the top of the Japanese garden....
....with my parents and brother.
One of my favorite tea places is the tea room at the Huntington. I had tried to make reservations, but they were booked up. But when we got there, they had space for our group of 6!!! This is a great place to take a guy to tea, because it is served in a buffet format, so you can eat 47 of those tiny sandwiches if you like! Here are some of the offerings. Those fruit tarts were amazing.
I didn't include any photos of the galleries, but many of them have recently been renovated and they are outstanding. This is definitely a 'must do' if you live in the LA area.

Stay tuned for the rest of the Staycation.....

No comments: