Sunday, June 14, 2009

Party Favors

Submitted by Linda
I do realize that there are people in the world that do not enjoy crafting, and for some it doesn't come easy. I know some projects can be overwhelming, and that is why I enjoy stamping. I don't have to be an artist, and it's usually not a long term project (like a quilt or stitching project may be). I can accomplish something fun in an afternoon, and spread 'joy and sunshine' in the process.

This party favor is easy and inexpensive, and may be a good project for a beginner, or for a mom/daughter team. You really only need the following items:
solid color cardstock
printed scrapbook paper
paper cutter
adhesive
hole punch
ribbon
stickers/stamps
Ghiradelli chocolate squares
Step 1: Cut your cardstock into 3"x7" pieces. This means you will be able to make 3 favors out of a standard sized piece of cardstock. Fold it in the middle (at 3 1/2")
Step 2: Cut your printed paper into 2 3/4" squares. Attach them above the fold on the cardstock. Add your design. I used words on white cardstock, which ended up being about an inch wide and 2 3/4" long, so that it would align well with the printed paper.
The stamp set I used for my design it "Time Well Spent", and I used SU markers to add some color, along with a tiny blue rhinestone.Step 3: Buy chocolate. These were about $3.50 for a package of about 10 candies. Be sure to eat some while you are working!
Step 4: Attach the chocolate (I used my mono/snail adhesive) on the inside of your folded cardstock, about 1/4 inch above the fold.
Step 5: Fold it together, and punch 2 holes in the top, through both the front and the back of the cardstock. Tie a 13" length of ribbon through, and trim the ends. (As you can see, I added my favorite Container Store Shred).
Step 6: Enjoy sharing your favors!!!!
For anyone who is wondering, this printed paper is the SU Delicate Dots with So Saffron and Certainly Celery Ribbon. Cardstock is So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, and Kraft.

No comments: