Thursday, June 11, 2009

Best Day Ever

Submitted by Michelle
There are many reasons I love teaching kindergarten. I love that there is always a beginning and an end and that I get to refine and make things better each year. I love that I have the privilege of being my students first teacher and I get the opportunity to give them a solid foundation on which to build their educational career. I love the enthusiasm 5 and 6 year olds have for learning and life. And I love to do things that make them happy.

Yesterday was one of the days when they were extremely happy. As part of our last week of school or "Blast Off To Summer" we had Beach Day. Living in a desert, it is impossible to find a beach, but with the help of our local fire department, we were able to have a water day. The kids wore their beach attire to school and they were able to play in the water as the firefighters sprayed endless amounts of water on the field.

Their energy was unstoppable as they ran around the field screaming with glee.
This little guy came over to tell me "this is the best day ever!"
I thought the kids looked so cute in their swimwear. Here are the girls making goofy faces...
...and the boys showing me their muscles.
And no day at the beach is complete without a cool tattoo.
In the years to come I'm not sure the kids will remember me, but I know they will remember all the fun times they had in kindergarten and I'm so glad I get to be a part of it.

1 comment:

Ami, Bob, & Jack said...

Great post, Michelle! I love the "beach day" pics! And yes, your kids will still remember you! I remember my kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Bauer, to this day! XOXO