Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Graduation Party: Part 2

Submitted by Linda
Every evening after school, I do something to prepare for Tommy's party, which is this Saturday. I've been baking and freezing cupcakes, and working on decorations. As you can see above, Michelle worked her magic and made Tommy a banner. I asked her to stray slightly from the CHS color of Maroon, to the 'brick' color of APU! So hopefully I'll be able to pull it out in four years when he's an APU grad!

Back in April I posted a 2 minute version of the video that I was working on to share at his party (To see the video, click here). As I worked on the video, I felt that those two minutes go so fast, and that folks may want to take a longer look at some of the photos. (The full length video is about 16 minutes).

So I made a long centerpiece that will be displayed at the party, showing various 5x7 photos of Tommy from birth to senior. I didn't include every single photo that was in the video, but enough to see the sequence of Tommy growing up.

Here are the first few......
....and the end!
I took it to my school today, and people really enjoyed looking at it and remembering Tommy as an elementary student. Here is his final senior portrait. Of course, I think he looks so handsome!

I used the Curly Label punch to punch out the ages or grades he was in. I also used that same punch as hinges to connect the sheets of black cardstock, using 'sticky strip' to attach them on the back. I mounted the photos on white cardstock, using Creative Memories large (clear) photo mounting corners.

Stay tuned for more......

No comments: