Saturday, April 25, 2009

Saturday Crafts

Submitted by Michelle

A little known fact about this kindergarten teacher is that I used to teach high school and one of the subjects I taught was choral music. (I do play flute but there was no way I wanted to be in charge of an entire band.) 6 of my 9 years as a high school level teacher were spent conducting choirs, and though I had a great time and met some amazing students, I didn't really love conducting. I was fairly decent at it, but I much preferred to sing in the choir rather than lead the choir.

Fast forward to today. I'm in my 9th year as a kindergarten teacher and I totally love it. I think I've found my teaching niche. I've also found my crafting niche with Stampin' Up and this morning I had the opportunity to attend a stamping class rather than be in charge of one. Now, I truly enjoy holding stamping events but today it was such a nice change to be the attendee. I didn't have think up any projects or prep any materials or set up tables or handle little details. All I had to do was show up with my adhesive and $25.00 and I was able to sit for 3 hours and make things. I even got a yummy lunch, too!

My friend Patty was the demonstrator hosting the event and here is what we made.


Cute, right? Patty is my most recent recruit to Stampin' Up and as you can see, she is doing great!

Stampin' Up's statement of the heart is, "To do what we love and share what we love, as we help others enjoy creativity and worthwhile accomplishments...in this we make a difference." I'm so glad I've found 2 jobs that I love and can make a difference in the lives of little and big people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love these projects - too cute. I hope you'll copy them for our club!
Linda