Friday, April 10, 2009

Ribbon Junkie

Submitted by Linda
So I'll admit it....I am a ribbon addict. I don't remember exactly how it began, but in my adult life I've always felt that when it comes time to wrap a gift or put some ribbon on something, all is right with the world when I have the perfect ribbon in my supply stash.

My wonderful dad build the cool ribbon dispenser/holder (pictured above) several years ago, and at the time he said, "You'd have to have a lot of ribbon to fill this up!" I have filled it up........and have this much more artfully displayed in my craft room.
I think my happy addiction turned me into a full blown junkie when Michael's started having that Dollar Ribbon Bin. I can't walk by that thing without digging through it. As I was cleaning out my linen closet yesterday, I corralled this wider ribbon, which is usually reserved for gifts, rather than card making.
I've already mentioned Michael's (never buy ribbon there unless it's in the Dollar Bin or you have a 40% coupon), but I'm also a huge fan of Stampin' Up ribbon (since it matches all the card stock and papers), and I've found some amazing ribbon at the Container Store.

Now, in defense of my habit, I do use my ribbon all the time and it does continue to satisfy something in me that loves the upgrade that a nice ribbon can make. When I'm in the middle of a big stamping project, I usually have all the ribbon I need at my fingertips. And, there are worse things to be addicted to, right?

No comments: