Monday, March 23, 2009

What I've Been Up To In My Craft Room

Submitted by Michelle

These photos do not do the cards justice at all, but amateur photogs like myself cannot be choosy, especially when one took a jillion shots and these were the best. Anyway...

I was in Claremont for Stamp Club this weekend and these are the cards we made.

This Easter card has much more detail than the photo shows. I used an impression plate on the Sizzix to make a textured floral background on the green part of the card and a crimper on the patterned paper for even more texture. If you are one of my lucky family members or friends who receives this card in April, you'll know what I am talking about.

This card also has a textured background on the blue section, but this time I used polka dots.
And this card was cut out on the Sizzix using the Top Note Die. This one is my favorite. I got the idea from Lis Ljung, a rockstar in the Stampin' Up world, and have used it for many cards I've made recently.
My club members loved them all and we added a new element to our club this month. We're getting take-out (this month was Mexican food) and eating dinner together first. My Claremont group is filled with terrific ladies who have become good friends over the past 2 years. We all agreed that this new part of club is great and I'm looking forward to pizza and salad from Spaghetti Eddies next month!

No comments: