Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Linda's Birthday Bonanza

Submitted by Linda
Sometimes I hate to blather on and on about myself, but I had such a nice birthday celebration, I wanted to share it with my blog friends. Craig and I are not always so good at planning birthdays and anniversaries for each other, but this year he raised the bar. On the Friday before my birthday, he borrowed my mom's sweet ride (red mustang convertable) and took me to P.F. Chang's for dinner with our boys (when the boys were little, I wanted to celebrate without them. Now that they are almost grown, I want to celebrate WITH them!) Then we all wandered around Victoria Gardens (or like Michelle likes to say, "Vicki's Gardens") and ended up in Williams Sonoma.
My boys are pretending to be interested in cooking - but really are mostly interested in eating!
At Williams Sonoma, I spent my birthday money from my folks on some beautiful quilted red placemats.

Then the boys headed home, and Craig took me to a hotel, where we had a relaxing getaway. In the morning, we swung by Krispy Kreme to bring donuts home for the boys.
And when we got home, the house was still standing! Fast forward to my actual birthday, when I took advantage of the opportunity to go to "the Happiest Place on Earth" for free! I left right after school on Monday (after my kindergarten families surprised me with gifts) and headed down to Disneyland with my student Josiah, and his mom Gina and little sister Sophia (pictured below). Notice Sophia's "princess" pose - too cute!
Josiah's family attends our church, and his dad has been good friends with Craig for a long time, so we have a bit of a history with them and .....they have annual passes! So in we went!

Here I am with Sophia, riding the Buzz Lightyear ride. The kids' scores were much higher than mine!We all really enjoyed the cotton candy! And I had a blast on my birthday!

1 comment:

kate wallace said...

Oh my goodness you are so cute Aunt Linda! I hope you had a wonderful birthday! You deserve it! (especially cuz u made my birthday so wonderful!) I miss you and love you and love reading your blog!

bug