Sunday, March 15, 2009

Birthday Bag

Submitted by Michelle
As many of you know, Linda celebrated her birthday this week. Her official birthday landed on a Monday and because Linda and I live 2 hours away from each other and I couldn't be there on the actual day, we decided to meet up on Saturday for lunch and a Front Row Friend birthday luncheon.

We split the driving distance and met in Redlands. We lunched at one of our most favorite places - Caprice - and had fantastic food, as always. Linda ordered the butternut squash soup and a salad of warm chevre (goat cheese), lettuces, pine nuts and roasted beets. I ate the onion soup gratinee and a grilled brie and gruyere cheese sandwich. We finished with coconut cupcakes with cream cheese frosting - Linda's favorite - that I baked and brought with me.

A birthday luncheon wouldn't be complete without presents and I wouldn't be the Stampin' Up maven of the desert if opted for store bought wrappings so I whipped up a gift bag using the Parisian Breeze Specialty paper from Stampin' Up. It is textured designer paper that is almost the same weight as cardstock and is perfect for bag making. Amazingly enough, I happened to have tissue paper and ribbon that matched the Parisian Breeze paper. (Linda and I bought the ribbon and tissue at The Container Store over a year ago.)
I also used the tissue to wrap one of the gifts that wouldn't fit in the bag.
And I needed a cute card to go with, and I had the perfect thing on hand!
After eating and gifting, we did some shopping at a local scrapbooking store as well as Michael's. We finished with a stop at Starbuck's before we went our separate ways. It was a great to get away for the day and to hang with my front row center friend.

Bag Details:

You will need 2 identical 12X1 2 pieces of Designer Series Paper (DSP). Score both pieces of DSP the same way.
1. Along one side, score at 1”.
2. Along all other sides, score at 3”.
3. Fold the 1” side outwards so that opposite side of DSP is showing. (This will be the top of the bag.)
6. On the side opposite to the top of the bag, cut the scored line 3".
7. Fold all other sides inward and adhere both pieces of DSP together.

Cupcake recipe from The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook. You can view the recipe here.

No comments: