Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Barbara Cheatley's

Submitted by Michelle
There are many things I love about the city of Claremont but one of my most favorite things is a charming store in the village called Barbara Cheatley's. It is a jam packed with all kinds of seasonal decorations for the home, as well as antiques, gifts, cards, housewares, ribbons, jewelry and a plethora of other items that thrill the senses and inspire whimsy and delight in this shopper.

Last weekend during my sojourn in Claremont, I made it a point of stopping by on Sunday morning. The last time I had been in was in February. I took my Aunt Rosemarie who was visiting from New York and we spent at least an hour wandering the store together. At that time, the shop was in transition from winter decor to Spring decor and I was excited to see the full transformation when I arrived on Sunday.

Barbara did not disappoint. The photo below is of the front window and yes, that's a vegetable garden complete with lettuce, carrots, rabbits and geese. It is amazing.
The store has all kinds of wonderful decorations for Spring and Easter and even if you aren't in the market for Easter eggs or furry bunnies, Barbara Cheatley's is worth checking out. So, if you live in or near Claremont stop by and enjoy!

Barbara Cheatley's
215 Yale Avenue
Claremont, CA 91711
909/621-4161

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this store. Everyone must go.