Thursday, February 12, 2009

Treat Jars

Submitted by Michelle
It all started with the refrigerator.

I was staring into it looking for something to eat, even though I wasn't the slightest bit hungry, and I thought, "I need to clean this bad boy out!" 30 minutes later I had disposed of moldy roasted red peppers, crusty apricot preserves and variety of other suspicious looking condiments. I was left with lots of cute jars that I immediately soaked the labels off of and ran through the dishwasher. I planned to give them to Linda so she and Craig could fill them with their sweet hot mustard. Linda, however, had a much different plan for the jars.

She visited me last weekend and upon seeing the jars insisted we make Valentine treat jars for family and friends. We (and by "we" I mean Linda) made 6 jars for me to give away. That's the great thing about Linda. She can take nothing and make it into something spectacular. Today I will deliver several of the jars to the secretaries at my workplace, and the others I will give to various members of my family.

Other than the candy inside, I think the lids are the best part.
Maybe it's time you cleaned your refrigerator out.

No comments: