Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Mmmmmm, Good!

Submitted by: Michelle

Cupcakes. Just typing the word puts a smile on my face. I have a particular devotion to the cupcake over a slice of cake. I think the frosting to cake ratio is much better when eating a cupcake and really, frosting is the reason we love cake to begin with, right? I also like that I can decorate them to spell out words or with festive sprinkles or candies to coincide with a holiday. And in Kindergarten, the cupcake is King because it doesn't involve slicing, forks or plates, like a regular cake does. Simply hand a kid a napkin with the cupcake and your job is done.

This past Saturday I had a huge cupcake craving that turned into a crisis when I found I did not have enough eggs to make cupcakes. Thankfully, the Sunday Farmer's Market came and I was able to purchase more farm fresh eggs and make my beloved Devil's Food cupcakes. I topped them with cream cheese frosting (recipe from Ina Garten) and all was right with the world.

No comments: