Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Cute "Token" Gift

Submitted by Linda
Sometimes for a friend's or colleague's birthday, I want to give someone a "token" gift. For me, that means it's cute and thoughtful, but not costly, and doesn't put pressure on them to reciprocate when my birthday comes around. Well, my friend and co-worker Lori is the queen of cute and clever. She impresses me with her wonderful ideas and creativity. In 2007, she gave me this sweet 'upgraded' candle with a simple tag that read, "Make a Wish!" I liked it so much, I still have it! Lori's is the one who turned me onto the amazing super fine iridescent shred (available at the Container Store).Michelle and I decided to copy her, but have never found those long candles. We found some others that are about 6 inches long, and they've been floating around my craftroom for over a year. Wednesday is Pam's (one of our amazing kindergarten aides) birthday. We've all gone together to get her a nice Starbuck's card, but I decided it was time to upgrade the presentation with one of these cute candles. Pictured above is the shred and candles. I also used curling ribbon. Here's my version!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so sweet! Were do I buy shred at?