Thursday, January 1, 2009

Today's Special! January 1, 2009

Submitted by: LindaI 'borrowed' this picture from my sister in law Renee's photos from her 50th birthday trip to Vashon Island. I had a laugh when I saw it, but then it got me thinking about New Year's resolutions. It seems I keep coming across magazine articles where research shows that happy and content people are thankful people. I've also had numerous discussions with friends, in which we vow to stay positive as we grow older. To quote our 90-something-year-old friend Bernice, "nobody likes a grouch".

Anyway, in the spirit of choosing resolutions I can live with for 364 more days, I'd like to approach the new year with an attitude of gratefulness. Despite the economy and all the things going wrong in the world, I have so many things to be thankful for.

So, here's to a happy, healthy, THANKFUL 2009! By the way, what are you resolving to do in the next 364 days?

1 comment:

~ Lucy said...

Well said! I'm trying to be more healthy and work on that whole work-life-balance thingy I keep hearing about.

Happy New Year!!!

~Lisa