Friday, January 30, 2009

Super Bowl Suggestion: Pigs in a Blanket

Submitted by Linda
You might be surprised that I'm posting a "non-gourmet" recipe like 'pigs in a blanket', knowing that Michelle is such a gifted cook. But let me set the record straight: She's the one that turned me on to these!!!! We've made them for several gatherings, including both men and women, and they get eaten up to rave reviews. Michelle prefers to use the Adell's sausages (in the tiny size), which are available at Bristol Farms. For those of us who don't live near a BF store, these Little Smokies work in a pinch. It's easy to have these ingredients on hand (I always have the sausages in my freezer because it seems like I always have a bunch of high schoolers over).

Unroll the crescent roll dough, and slice each section into 2 skinny triangles.
Roll 'em up - put 'em on a cookie sheet!

Bake as directed (375 degrees, 11 - 13 minutes). Add Craig's Sweet Hot Mustard (see post dated 1/5/09) and you've got a winner!

Two rolls of crescent dough and a large package of Little Smokies made 32 appetizers, with some sausages left over.

1 comment:

~ Lucy said...

I'm so glad you're back. I was worried. I hope you're feeling better.