Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Happy Birthday, Katie!

Submitted by: LindaSo here is one of those funny pictures taken with Katie holding out the camera and snapping it of us. I can never do that! Anyway, on Sunday night we helped Katie celebrate her 21st birthday on the cruise ship. We were all glad to be with her, since she's heading for Washington, D.C. in a few days for the whole spring semester.

I really have the neatest nieces and nephews (I'll bet every auntie says that!). They really are such great people, and continue to be very "family friendly". Katie (actually, I think I'm supposed to be calling her "Kate" now) was born in January '88 after our July wedding. Being the youngest in my family, I never knew anyone pregnant, and never was around babies. Along came Katie, and she (along with her 2 brothers) was our newlywed entertainment until niece Kari came along 2 years later. Here's a picture from January 1988 with Baby Katie and big brother David:
David, who was in our wedding, is now a married adult! I won't even go into how OLD that makes me feel.
Anyway, my whole point is to wish Katie a Happy Birthday and let her know how much she is loved by our family!

2 comments:

Gail Wallace said...

What is missing from this article is that you are a wonderful aunt!

kate wallace said...

oh my goodness aunt linda! i just saw this! thank you so much! i cant believe how amazing you are! i am so glad to have you in my life! i love you so much!!!!