Saturday, January 3, 2009

Chipboard Hearts

Submitted by: Linda
After all the cooking entries we've posted, Michelle and I thought we should put something crafty up for a change of pace. Michelle was in town for a quick overnighter, so we got busy with her new Stampin Up Valentine's Bundle of supplies. Of course we made cards, which you will see later, but I also made these cute chipboard hearts.

For Valentine's, I usually hang wooden red hearts on this little twig of a tree. This year, I felt like it needed an upgrade so here's what I did: Using a package of chipboard (cardboard) hearts that I bought a year ago, I attached the pretty new paper by running it through my Xyron (a Xyron is a cool tool that allows you to turn anything into a sticker- a great invention!). I then stuck my hearts onto the strip of sticky paper, and then cut around the heart shape. Then I used a sanding block to clean up the edges. I did this on both sides of the heart, then punched a hole and tied the ribbon through. Easy and so cute!
You can see I still hung some of the old red wooden hearts, and I also hung a cute scalloped 'thingy', made from Michelle's wonderful Big Shot die cutter. As usual, if you're interested in Stampin Up supplies, click on Michelle's website listed at the right.

No comments: