Monday, December 8, 2008

Sunday Afternoon Drive

Submitted by: Linda


After having my fun family stamping class on Saturday, I knew that I needed to return the stamps I had borrowed to Michelle in time for her to do her class back in La Quinta on Tuesday. My plan was to overnight them first thing on Monday morning, but I was nervous about them getting to her on time. So we both took a Sunday afternoon drive! She and I both left our homes around 1 pm, and 45 minutes later, we were having a nice snack and a 'cup of Holiday Warmth' together! Though this Starbuck's in Beaumont would not get rave reviews from anyone, we exchanged our borrowed items, had an hour of "Front Row Friend Face Time" and were back on the road headed to our respective homes. To quote Caroline Bingley in Pride and Prejudice, "It's refreshing, is it not, after sitting so long in one attitude?"
Yes, it was refreshing to get out of my 2 mile radius for just a bit.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

a jane austen quote! and from miss bingley, no less! this blog just gets better and better... :) wish i could have been there for the saturday afternoon chat!