Thursday, December 18, 2008

Sometimes I Can't Help Myself

Submitted by: Michelle

I swore I wasn't going to do it this year. I was going to take it easy. I was going to keep things simple. I wasn't going to push myself to be the overachieving teacher who handmakes gifts for her 5 and 6 year old students. I was just going to give the kids crayons and a little holiday coloring book. No biggie.

I'm not sure what came over me. Maybe it was Santa's spirit. Maybe it was my inner elf. Maybe it was knowing I didn't "have" to do it. Whatever it was, I found myself buying Hershey's chocolate bars in bulk at Costco on the rainiest day ever when I should have been at home staying warm. Thursday morning at 2:30 AM I was dusting off my glue gun when I should have been sleeping.

But now that all the goggly eyes are in place and the jingle bells are securely attached, I am glad to have 27 reindeer to give to the little people who spend their school days with me.


1 comment:

Kathleen said...

they are so lucky to have you, michelle! i'm not at all surprised that the christmas spirit overcame you. i hope they enjoyed their treats...