Thursday, December 4, 2008

Nothing says "I love you" like curtains handsewn by a front row friend!

Submitted by: Michelle
Susan Branch fabrics from her Tea Party collection.

Those who know me know that I have been in the process of converting our extra bedroom/office into a full fledged craft room for many, many months. It takes me a long while to figure out exactly what I want and then it takes even longer for me to get it done. I am happy to report that I officially have a craft room now. It is 95% complete and I don't allow David to call it "the office" anymore.

One of the finishing touches of the room was having a valance made for the window and a curtain made for the closet (I had David take the doors off so I could better access my stamping stuff.) Linda was a true front row friend and made my curtains for me. She claims she isn't much of a seamstress, but I think she did a fantastic job.

It started with some gorgeous Susan Branch fabric and a rough sketch Linda made of my closet and window.
She sewed the curtain and valance over the course of 2 evenings and kept me posted on her progress via pictures on her cell phone.
When she came for a visit in November she brought the curtain and valance with her and...ta-da!



I'm amazed at how much more homey my craft room feels and I love being able to get into the closet without a door being in the way! I'm even more amazed that Linda was able to measure the window and closet, figure out how much fabric she needed and then make the curtain and valance. Now, every time I am in my craft room, I feel like Linda is there too because she invested in me and my room by giving of her sewing talents. And we all know how wonderful it is to have a front row friend with us, whether in person or in spirit.

No comments: