Friday, December 4, 2009

Linda's Christmas Tip #13

Submitted by: Linda
You newer followers may be saying, "Christmas Tip #13? Why didn't I ever see #1 -12????" Well, they were posted last year, and you can access them on the right hand side of the blog, under "Christmas Tips". You'll see how to make a perfect bow, and some other good suggestions for the season. As this holiday season has zipped right in, I've had to face the fact that I'm a bit behind on my Christmas tips for 2009. I had grand plans, and good ideas, but my life interfered, and here it is, already December.

Nevertheless, I have a tip for this upcoming season, as the Christmas cards start pouring into your mailbox. I'd like to suggest that you save any of the cute "non-photo" cards. Card fronts can easily be cut into cute tags for next year, or....... they can be turned into the all-time-cutest-tiny-boxes you've ever seen.

I have used special cards from years past for boxes, and a few of these are from my grandparents, who are no longer with us. These are cute tossed into a small sleigh (see photo) or into a large glass bowl. I've also used these for place cards or for party favors filled with m&ms.
Just recently, I saw them at a craft boutique, attached to a garland. Too cute!

I'm sure someone is going to wish for a photo tutorial or a video.....I don't have one...but I will look on youtube. In the meantime, save those cards!


No comments: