Friday, December 12, 2008

Knick Knack Paddy Whack!

Submitted by: Linda

Several months ago I looked up at this bank of shelves (see picture on the left), and I realized that everything was in bunches of three. I had been stashing things there (notice the school books/junk on the bottom shelf) and all of a sudden I noticed it needed refreshing.

Well, my "stamp club friend" Diane (remember her from the amazing centerpiece in Michelle's "Friendship Feast" entry?) is a champ at decorating! Her home is warm, welcoming and beautifully set up. So I asked for a favor.... would she be willing to come look at my "knick knack paddy whack" and spread it around artfully?" She said "Yes!" The photo on the right shows her handiwork! Much better, don't you think?

She moved shelves around, removed one and worked her magic! The antique butter churn is on the bottom now (hard to see in the picture at right) and I'm thrilled that my stereo is on the shelves rather than on my antique sideboard.

Diane also worked her magic on my mantle, and gave me advice on my greenhouse window! When she left I was so inspired to keep going. I so appreciate her sharing her gifts and talents with me. Thank you, Diane!

No comments: