Saturday, December 27, 2008

Drink Some Sunshine

Submitted by: Michelle

As you may have noticed, I have a thing for organic, healthy eating. A few summers ago I started experimenting with juicing fruits and vegetables and found that I really liked the fresh flavor of apples, oranges, beets, ginger, carrots and all things natural. My mom had a juicer she loaned to me and I used it so much that it broke! Last year for Christmas, David bought me the mother of all juicers, the Breville Juice Fountain. He did his research and found a top of the line machine with a motor big enough to squeeze juice out of a tire! Now, whenever I feel like it, I can have fresh juice in a matter of seconds.

My favorite juice combination is orange, beet and ginger but today I made straight up orange because I had a large amount of freshly picked beauties from my father-in-law's tree. Though my juicer could easily grind up the rind, I usually cut it off of any citrus fruit I may be using. Other fruits and veggies, like apples and carrots, I leave the skin on, which makes the process ever so easy.

Here's a look at my machine squeezing Vitamin C and other goodness from the oranges with ease.

And here's my end product. A week's worth of juice. Can you say tasty?
So go ahead...give juicing a try. You and your body won't regret it.

No comments: