Thursday, November 13, 2008

Turkey Lurkey Part Two

Submitted by Michelle

For all you lower elementary school teachers out there, this one's for you! My class and I create this festive turkey every November and I always love how it turns out. The feathers are cut from construction paper by a parent volunteer, I write the kids names on the feathers in pencil, and the kids glue popcorn kernels over their penciled names. (To dye popcorn kernels, simply put kernels in a Ziploc with some rubbing alcohol and a few drops of food coloring. Shake and let dry.) The project isn't difficult, the kids get a kick out of seeing the completed turkey on the wall, and it makes for a great classroom decoration all month long. Gobble! Gobble!

1 comment:

Veronica C. said...

This is what I miss about Elementary ... I love all the art work you do wit your kids. Love it!