Saturday, November 22, 2008

Pomegranates 101

Submitted by Linda (with Michelle looking over her shoulder)

Look at these pretty pomegranates! Michelle is here for the weekend and she brought me my favorite fall fruit from her big box of produce. These beauties are famous for their antioxidant properties, but I just think they taste great. Many folks are intimidated by the mess and hassle of getting the seeds out, so I thought it may help if I posted a photo tutorial. Ready?

First, cut off the pointy end.
Next, use a knife to score in about 4 places.
Get a large bowl and fill it about 3/4 full of cool water. Break the pomegranate apart and brush the seeds out, under water.
Then drain out the water and VIOLA! Pomegranate seeds without the mess!

2 comments:

Pamela said...

Hi Linda,
I've really had fun looking at your blog every few days or so. I've learned a few things but mostly it is inpiring me to get back into my craft room and enjoy it fully. I can get bogged down in the day to day and forget to do the things I really love....thanks!!

Renee said...

You are always so smart about everything. Glad I can claim you as my sister:)