Saturday, November 29, 2008

Linda's QUICK Christmas Tip #7

Submitted by: LindaThis is what my tree looks like when I stand back and squint.
Hello Friends,
I had to quickly get this tip in today in case you are putting up your Christmas tree this weekend.

Michelle and I were "in calling" and texting all day yesterday as we were hauling out the holly. She was asking me where we put certain decorations last year (I went to her house last year to help decorate) and I was calling her to ask, "Can I wash my new Spode dishes in the dishwasher?"

Anyway, she reminded me of a tip I shared with her last year, and suggested I share it on the blog. So here it is: When you are putting lights on your Christmas tree, string the lights up and down, rather than around and around. I used to spend so much time winding the lights around every branch, hiding the cords meticulously. Then I observed someone at my church putting lights on multiple trees lickety split! She just ran the strings up and down and then shoved the lights in the branches. I now do my tree like this, and it looks as good as it did when I spent a ton of time, and I think I'm using less light strings with the same effect.

One more thing: to check your progress, or see it you missed a spot, stand back and squint at your tree - you'll be able to easily see if the lights are spread evenly.

Try it and let me know what you think!

No comments: