Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Linda's Christmas Tip #6

Submitted by: Linda

Here is something useful to me, which I use all year around. I'm talking about http://www.avery.com/. As a teacher, I use this site at least once a week, to label student work, organize my classroom, or send reminder labels home on children's shirts.

However, this site is great for home use as well. Pictured below is an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of cardstock, printed with a simple design I made at the website.


I chose to print it on card stock so that I could cut it into a cute gift tag, which can be attached to a cello bag filled with Thanksgiving treats.




Simple directions are as follows:
1. Go to the site.
2. Click on Design and Print Online.
3. Click Create Project by Product Type.
4. Type in your Avery label number (my faves are 5160, 5161, 5162, 5163). After you pick your number, click next and it will show a diagram of the label layout. If you picked the wrong size, go back and try again.
5. Click next, and you will be able to choose a template for your label with tons of choices, then you can choose your artwork and type in your words. You may need to click around a bit to figure it out, but it is relatively easy. Some holiday suggestions for use are:

Gift Tags
Holiday Address Labels
Return Address Labels
Tags for Treat Bags

P.S. They will ask you for your email address, but you can opt out of any emails sent from them. I hope you find this helpful!


1 comment:

Robero said...

HI Linda, thanks for the post, I use Avery also, but found these real cool autofill templates for making labels http://www.worldlabel.com/Pages/autofillpdf-labels.htm Hopefully you will find them useful.