Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Linda's Christmas Tip #2


I know we all know this one.....but start early! I want to enjoy the holidays, and savor the true meaning of the season, so I like to plan ahead and limit what I do to what is really important. If you are someone who sends out cards, here is my advice: If you're crafty, begin designing your card and gathering materials now. If you like to do a photo card, find the picture or get it taken before Thanksgiving. There have been years where I've opted out of Christmas cards (and Christmas still came!). Last year I was having a hard time getting them out, so I enlisted Craig and my boys to help. Also, there's nothing wrong with "Happy New Year" cards or greetings sent out later in the year.

I'm sure some of you will think we are wacky, but Michelle and I cranked out our Christmas cards in mid-October. We set aside an entire day (Craig and the boys were out of town...so I wasn't interrupted by any hungry teenagers) and we ended up making about 100 cards each. Pictured above is my card, using the following supplies:

Everything except the fake postage stamp (which is an old sheet of gift wrap from Paper Source) is from Stampin Up.

Stamp Set: Winter Post, Wondrous Gifts (greeting), Frames and Flourishes
Ink Colors: Old Olive, Riding Hood Red, Basic Brown
Designer Series Paper: Holiday Treasures
Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Kraft
Ribbon: Riding Hood Red Twill
Other: Dazzling Diamonds Glitter


Michelle's Card

Stamp Set: Winter Post, Wondrous Gifts (greeting), Frames and Flourishes
Ink Colors: Old Olive, Riding Hood Red, Basic Brown
Designer Series Paper: Holiday Treasures
Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Riding Hood Red
Ribbon: Old Olive 5/8" Grosgrain
Other:Little Felt Flurries, Circle Rhinestone Brads

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Your cards are soooooo cute! Diane and I may have to copy you next Christmas for our cards. :-)

Veronica C. said...

I love it!